ATTENTION: Covert Command has been officially disbanded.
To all former Commandos, it has been a pleasure serving with you!

: An Elite Call of Duty Unit :

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Black Ops II War Stories

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Black Ops II War Stories   19/11/2012, 00:14

Post your stories here.
Back to top Go down
Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   19/11/2012, 13:34

Please do, I'm not back home until Saturday so won't be able to pick up my Wii U and BOII. Would love to hear thoughts and stories regarding the game. How many people are even playing? I would assume it would be limited by the number of Wii U's even being sold.
Back to top Go down
bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   19/11/2012, 20:12

Got the game today, still waiting on the console...

Clando, from what I've read there is only a few hundred people online and TDM is basically the only mode populated enough to play. I imagine there won't be very many people on until Christmas.
Back to top Go down
bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   25/11/2012, 02:03

Played a few public matches today. It's tough to get the wiimote set right. It feels a bit slow to me, but I've seen that in the first patch they are going to include a cursor sensitivity option so that may help. Overall it seems like this is going to be a good game. Getting used to the kill cams and all the other stuff we've never had is fun but I feel I'm on the shitty end of a steep learning curve. Everybody is way better than me in the pubs, but I know it takes time.

Tried hooking up with Clando, but it wasn't meant to be, I think we were both working on settings and sensitivities.
Back to top Go down
Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   25/11/2012, 03:00

Sorry Burns, I just couldn't get my wii remote to work. I ended up having to break back out my old wii, load BO and calibrating the wii zapper setting there. Amazingly enough that worked and finally gave me curser control back on my Wii U. I then finally got into one bootcamp match and went 25-5 with a KDR of 5.25. What's so hard about this game? LOL

Just kidding, I think I got pretty lucky and as it was boot camp I was playing against a bunch of level 1 players. I'm sure I'm going to get owned as soon as I get into a real public match. I barely have a clue what I am doing, and can barely launch my kill streaks. I'll try and get on tomorrow morning and play with it a little more and hopefully get more of a handle on things.
Back to top Go down
Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   26/11/2012, 18:47

Well my game play is pretty erratic on BO2. I'm just as like to go 20-5 as 5-20 right now. There is hardly anyone playing the game outside of Core TDM & Core FFA. I played in a good HCTDM lobby for two or three games, then got kicked and there were only two other lobbies available that I couldn't seem to join. The majority of game lobbies were completely empty.

Still struggling with the controls a little without the wii zapper controls. I've customized the controls as much as I could, but you can't add all the wii zapper controls. It only lets you tilt the controller one way as opposed to in the other COD games you could tilt it both ways. So I've lots a little versatility with crouching and throwing tacticals as I've had to put both of those controls on the d-pad. Otherwise I'm doing alright with the controls.
Back to top Go down
Tinker
Sgt. of Master Sergeants Shooter Sergeants Most Important Person of Xtreme Sergeants to the Max!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   26/11/2012, 19:58

?????????????????

Clando wrote:
Sorry Burns, I just couldn't get my wii remote to work. I ended up having to break back out my old wii, load BO and calibrating the wii zapper setting there. Amazingly enough that worked and finally gave me curser control back on my Wii U.

Clando wrote:
Still struggling with the controls a little without the wii zapper controls. I've customized the controls as much as I could, but you can't add all the wii zapper controls. It only lets you tilt the controller one way as opposed to in the other COD games you could tilt it both ways. So I've lots a little versatility with crouching and throwing tacticals as I've had to put both of those controls on the d-pad. Otherwise I'm doing alright with the controls.

Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   26/11/2012, 20:24

?????????????????

I switched out my sensor on my TV, and I think when I did that it messed up the calibration. I had to point the wiimote nearly to the ceiling to get it to register. BO's had a wii zapper calibration function in the options. You would point it in the upper left corner, then lower left corner and it would calibrate the cursor.

Not all the wii zapper controls can be replicated with the custom controls. The old wii zapper controls let you tilt the remote both clockwise and counterclockwise for actions. (i.e clockwise and b button threw lethal; counterclockwise and b button threw tactical). You used to also tilt the remote counterclockwise and c button to crouch. Now the tilt controls are applicable for crouch function. Therefore I've had to move crouching and throwing tacticals on the d-pad.
Back to top Go down
Tinker
Sgt. of Master Sergeants Shooter Sergeants Most Important Person of Xtreme Sergeants to the Max!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   26/11/2012, 21:04

What if you disable weapons tilt in the game controls?

bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 09:34

I played 6 or 7 games last night. The wiimote feels so weird right now, I'm getting pretty beat up. My KDR is sitiing just under 1.0, but the analog controller users are absolutely raping me.

I did get into a hardcore lobby with mediocre results except for one 14-4 game. I've only played the game twice, but this KDR is frustrating. I can't wait to get a squad going.
Back to top Go down
Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 11:14

Yeah it's pretty frustrating playing by yourself. You don't know the maps and you don't have anyone covering your back.

I try to stay on the edges of the map and slowly work my spots, but even then I end getting over run or have someone run up behind and take me out. The graphic upgrades also make it more difficult with regards to camping. The other day I found a great spot on one of the maps hiding in the grass, unlike on Wii the grass was actually a visual obstruction. I couldn't see anything but grass hiding there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 11:54

You don't have to play by yourself.
I'll almost always have another player with me,
so if you play with us that will be a good 3 man squad.

And... we don't camp... we win... losers say camp. lol
And... stop posting your strats and tactics, even the bad ones... save it for comms.
Calm down we got this. lol

Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 12:43

I will gladly party up whenever you are on. Unfortunately I spent most of MW3 playing solo. Towards the end there weren't even people from other friendly clans that I could party up with.

I will stop posting "strats and tactics" and save it for comms. Believe me if anyone wants to steal my current ones they can gladly have them because they surely aren't working well.
Back to top Go down
bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 13:00

I'll try to be on around 10 or 11 eastern tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 13:02

Cool that's about the time we played last night.

Me and Dev are on right now too.

bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 13:07

I didn't see you on last night. You must have been running your other account. I haven't added it yet.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 16:35

Dev was hostin and we use the same system so he showed on while I showed off.
We tested it today and that's how it works.

bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   27/11/2012, 21:56

I just read somewhere that iPhone headphones work for in game chat when plugged in to the game pad. I'm going to try that tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   29/11/2012, 21:38

We were negative the first match, even on the 2nd, positive on the 3rd and a well oid winning machine by the 4th hard core match today. With 2 payers it seems easy.

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   29/11/2012, 21:40

It's the perfect game for a young unit with only 4 or 5 members. lol

Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   1/12/2012, 22:26

I thought I would give you guys a heads up, there is another CC clan on the Wii that is known for hacking. I got called out as a hacker clan in three or four lobbies. Apparently the OTHER CC clan was a very well known hacking clan in MW3. I had one guy jump into a lobby and just started going after me. I was got so pissed I had to go grab a headset to set him straight.

Finally got a solid couple of hours of game time today. I have to say I really like this game. I love the 10 item selection function. I'm maxed up enough that I can run three attachments to a gun which is awesome. With this new function you can drop the equipment you never use and add things to your set up.
Back to top Go down
bburns
Wii U Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   3/12/2012, 01:17

I'm liking the feel of this game too. I bought a pro controller today and man what a difference. I'm not too good with it but I was running with a positive kdr tonight in kill confirmed. I'll stick witht the mote in hardcore modes but I get straight raped when using the mote in core. When you watch the killcam after you die it is obvious most are using the sticks and getting the drop on me with aim assist. I can say joining them goes a long way toward staying competitive.

I'm really hoping we can get a squad going soon. I'm pretty much on winter break from school so my evenings just got a lot more open.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   3/12/2012, 11:53

Cya tonight then.

Clando

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   10/12/2012, 09:57

Back to top Go down
Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   10/12/2012, 10:48

But a Covert Commando would know that car is about to explode. Right? Right?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II War Stories   

Back to top Go down

Black Ops II War Stories
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Black Ops II-
Jump to: